Why U.S. supports Israel

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Tue May 14 15:17:10 PDT 2002

Yeah. But if you were a Sephardic Jew living in Israel, would you like to move and find yourself...

...living as a despised minority in Cairo governed by Hosni Mubarrak? ...living as a despised minority in Damascus governed by Bashir Assad? ...living as a despised minority in Baghdad governed by Saddam Hussein?

Methinks that the number of people wishing to take advantage of such a "right of return" to the old Jewish Quarters of Middle Eastern cities would be very small...

Brad DeLong