2nd-wave attax

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun May 19 17:02:47 PDT 2002

> >Interesting double standard here: deaths in NYC shouldn't be treated as
> >collateral mulch, but deaths in Afghanistan should. Am I naive to think
> >that people should try to maintain consistent moral standards?
> >
> >Miles

The attacks on New York and Washington were meant to inflict as much death and suffering as possible in support of a retrograde fascist worldview. The counterattack on the Taliban and al-Qaeda saved millions from starvation and freed the Afghans from their oppressors. Even those who opposed the intervention, like RAWA and Tariq Ali, admit that they're happy to see the Taliban routed. Who, other than Wahabbi enthusiasts and various neo-Nazis, can say that they're happy that thousands were massacred in New York?

DP