"Peace Activists" (a misnomer) Re: Do Everythinger

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Sat May 25 22:19:52 PDT 2002

Gordon Fitch wrote:

> Chuck Munson:
> > On 9-11 we saw how a well-organized group of 19 guys could bring the
> > world's superpower to its knees. All of the money spent on the CIA and on
> > weapons systems couldn't prevent an attack on the U.S., including a direct
> > attack on the Pentagon.
>
> This is incorrect. The muscle of "the world's superpower"
> was virtually untouched by the attack. It has even proved
> unnecessary, thus far, to replace the clown act at the helm.
> On the whole, the liberal Imperium was greatly strengthened
> and refreshed and is looking for new opportunities to
> exercise its talents for destruction and subjugation
> abroad.

I disagree. The muscle of the world's superpower was powerless to stop the 9-11 attacks. They didn't even have any jet fighters ready to shoot down the planes. The fighters that were scrambled were Air National Guard jets.

What was Empire's response to the attacks? Since their wonderful armies and air forces are incapable of fighting assymetrical warfare, they went over to Afghanistan and bounced the rubble around. They shot off so many cruise missiles at tents, caves and wedding parties, that they've plain shot their wad. That's one of the reasons why they aren't ready to invade Iraq.

I'm sorry, but I see an Empire in decline and one that is incredibly weak and vulnerable right now.

Watch out for those terrorist scuba divers!

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)