Greens Go Nuts- Nominate opponent to Wellstone

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun May 26 10:11:46 PDT 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:

>The Greens argued that they differed from progressive Democrats in that they
>would create an organization that could consistently elect good candidates.
>What Minnesota shows is all they have created is an organization bent on
>nominating spoiler candidates, whatever their politics.

As much as it hurts to say this, I have to agree with you Nathan. This seems stupid. It's ok to run "spoiler" candidates to punish some DLC prick, but Wellstone is about as good as the Dems have. Why punish him? And especially with this guy, a war enthusiast who brags about being a vet when Americans are patriotic?

As for Wellstone being the most liberal member of the Senate - what about the Senator from Goldman Sachs, Corzine? Where do he & Wellstone differ?

Doug