Fwd: BOUNCE lbo-talk at lists.panix.com: Non-member submissionfrom [kelley <kwalker2 at verizon.net>]

Michael McIntyre mmcintyr at depaul.edu
Thu May 30 11:40:09 PDT 2002

Dumb luck, kell. When I noticed the world around me, that creep Nixon was President. And I grew up in a household where I was a third-generation Nixon-hater. My grandfather - the only Democrat in the county, I think - went to D.C. to lobby for the REA in the late forties. Nixon was a first-term congressman, and my grandfather was told to go talk to him. The trickster immediately solicited a bribe. Knowing down to your bones that the fish is rotting from the head down when you're eleven is one hell of a boost along the road. But you can't really count on such a fortuitous set of circumstances all along the line.

MM

>Jesus this is depressing....when I think of how few people I can convine
>to love the resistances of textuality - how DO you break through this crap?

were you sprung from the head of zeus? how'd it work for you? did it take a day? a month? a year? many years? is it still going on?

kelley