Bashing Al Sharpton (Was: Re: Chomsky News Network)

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Thu May 30 12:04:05 PDT 2002

> justin> friend from law school's a conservative Christian
>fundamentalist, and
> justin> an absolutely wonderful person. Very brilliant, too, a PhD
> justin> engineer. There are people here who are genuinely awful, of course,
> justin> Borks and Bennetts and Matthew Hales, Phil Sheridans and Al
> justin> Sharptons.
>
>Al Sharpton is as genuinely awful as Bork and Bennett? Even if you
>believe the
>very worst about the Brawley affair, that makes Sharpton as bad as Bork and
>Bennett?

Is there anyone who does not believe "the very worst" about the Brawley affair? I didn't know that Sharpton had any defenders on that--anyone who would say anything but, "That was a long time ago; he's changed..."

Brad DeLong