Al-Q Honcho Hit

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Tue Nov 5 11:15:20 PST 2002

On Tuesday, November 5, 2002, at 01:01 PM, Brad DeLong wrote:

>> >Another despicable act of imperialist terror!
>>> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-470176,00.html
>>> Quick -- get a call into Ramsey Clark! DP
>>
>> This bothers me. So, now the CIA could fly these unmanned planes into
>> any and every country and fire off missiles at people it doesn't
>> like? I thought extra-judicial executions were illegal and something
>> that only the Israeli goons resorted to.
>

> What a remarkably short memory. I seem to remember some 3000 "extra
> judicial executions" by Al Qaeda...

isn't the point that extra-judicial executions are contrary to values we as a democratic society espouse and ostensibly seek to defend with, uh, extra-judicial executions? but if we're primarily concerned with national security (or whatever) and not with "western values" (or whatever), let's at least be honest about it rather than resorting to "they do it, too" sorts of arguments.