hey perrin, did you pen the editorial in todays's Daily News?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Nov 7 07:30:14 PST 2002

> Have you seen the names of all six men killed in this car? Have you seen
> proof that they were all involved in terrorists threats to the U.S.? Or is
> the CIA's word proof enough for you? It isn't for me. Our country can't
> kill anyone anywhere anytime and say we know they were terrorists but
> aren't required to prove it. If we engage in that sort of behavior we are
> criminals ourselves.
>
> John Thornton

>From USA Today:

"The attack occurred in the northern province of Marib, about 100 miles east of Yemen's capital San'a, where al-Qaeda is considered active.

"The official Yemeni news agency, local tribesmen and the U.S. official confirmed the strike killed al-Harethi. Witnesses said they saw an aircraft, possibly a helicopter, in the area. Hellfires can also be launched by attack helicopters and are used by both the U.S. Army and Marine Corps.

"U.S. counterterrorism officials have said al-Harethi, also known as Abu Ali, was a top target of their efforts. He was a close associate of Osama bin Laden in Sudan in the early 1990s. Saudi fugitive Bin Laden, blamed for the Sept. 11 attacks, relocated to Afghanistan in 1996 . . .

"A Yemeni security official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said intelligence agents had al-Harethi's farm under surveillance for months and relayed information to U.S. forces."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2002-11-04-yemen-explosion_x.htm

DP