academic freedom at Harvard

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Wed Nov 13 16:16:38 PST 2002

budge wrote:

> Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>>Speaking of Summers, I heard that he was going out for a
>>while with right-wing hottie (now fairly obscure?) Laura
>>Ingraham.
>
> Gawd, I wonder which can be more shrill, bombastic, and
> obnoxious!

And speaking of TV hosts, another one Doug can look forward to each week (in addition to O'Reilly) is likely to be Jesse Ventura, who is purportedly on the verge of inking a deal with MSNBC to do his own talk show - possibly taking the place of the flailing Phil Donahue during prime time.

Undoubtedly he will provide ample fodder for derision and amusement, but once in awhile he will say something so astonishingly sensible that viewers will fall back in their chairs, and then everyone will understand what we've been going through here in Minnesota. Steve Perry, if he's still here, will back me up on this.

--

/ dave /