House Passes- Senate Dems Kill Bankruptcy Bill

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Nov 15 17:52:46 PST 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Nathan Newman wrote:

> So the Senate Dems have once again killed the bankruptcy bill, despite
> its passage by the House.
>
> If the Dems are such whores of the credit card industry, why aren't they
> passing the bill the in the Senate?

Because their abortion backers matter too? And they sure feel they can satisfy the one without the outraging the other because the majority of both parties agree with them on this issue. Even the pugs are embarassed about their far right's unwillingness to budge on this. The pug house leadership originally offered it yesterday with the language in, figuring they could get the mad dogs to vote with them in the end. But they couldn't. So today they stripped, knowing full well they'd run into this.

In short, I don't see any evidence Dashle's stand has got a single thing to do with principled opposition to the bankruptcy ideas. I think if you put back in that provision forbidding future Operation Rescues from declaring backruptcy Daschle would pass it in a Visa minute. Do you disagree?

Michael