Contact Information, Etc. Re: Corn transcript

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Nov 20 16:44:35 PST 2002

s-t-t at juno.com wrote:
> Liza Featherstone writes:
>
>>All true. There is a reluctance to ask questions on all sides.
>>Sometimes ANSWER's critics take smug purist comfort in having
>>"nicer" politics: sure our demo only has 50 people but at least we're
>>not icky Milosevic supporters -- that attitude, too, evades needed
>>questions (i.e. what is ANSWER doing that works) and doesn't really
>>get us anywhere.
>

> I don't think there really a question about what ANSWER is doing.
> Permits, buses, time, and bodies. The problem seems to be the need for
> an umbrella anti-war organization to assume the necessary tasks. Is
> there something like this in formation?
>
> -- Shane

That's what ANSWER is trying to do, which is why they are at the center of this controversy.

Some of us are fighting this effort by them to become the umbrella, at the same time we work on building anti-war alternatives.

Permits, buses, time, and bodies are not enough.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)