Lynne Stewart Was Re: Contact Information, Etc.

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Sat Nov 23 19:56:31 PST 2002

In a message dated 11/23/02 7:12:46 PM Pacific Standard Time, andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com writes:

> DoreneFC at aol.com wrote:

>>> allowed interpreter Mohammed Yousry and the sheik to pass messages in
>>> Arabic while she covered the exchange by chattering about
>>> inconsequential matters in English.
>>>

>> Thanks. Sorry to be literal-minded, but I am still trying to figure out
>> exactly what the interpreter is accused of doing.
>>
>> Maybe I can think of some places to look.
>>
>> DoreneC
>> Probably conspiracy or aiding and abetting, that is, same thing as Stewart

My question really is "what is the interpreter accused of doing differently than any other interpreter would do?"

I downloaded the indictment from www.lynnestewart.org and I have at least read it. The indictment and the Special Administrative Measures are clearly an assault on attorney-client privilege, but I see other issues for interpreters as well.

Unless the rest of the list is dying for further commentary about what I read, I would rather continue conversations in private as people are interested.

DoreneC