AC nails Cooper perfectly

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Mon Nov 25 07:57:37 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex LoCascio" <alexlocascio at mail.com>

>I suspect it deeply pains you to ever have to confess that Marxists, and
that dreaded sub-group, the >"authoritarian" (gasp!) Leninists have ever contributed anything productive to any movement, anywhere.

I have no problem giving the SWP full credit for a movement that, despite majority opposition to the war by mid-1968, was unable to stop the war for another five years, and in fact saw the war expand to Cambodia and Laos, including mass near-genocide bombings in Cambodia in 1973.

If that is the model of success promised by sectarian-led movements, then my opposition to the WWP is just further validated.

-- Nathan Newman