ad [hominem : nauseam]

Daniel Davies dsquared at al-islam.com
Mon Oct 7 00:51:13 PDT 2002

Dennis R wrote, regarding Dennis P:

>>> Who has "less banal content" -- your hero Milosevic?

>(Ahem). We can do without this sort of ad hominem stuff.

Nonononono it's great and I like it. It reminds me of when we had that guy from the WWP around and Dennis was determined to work every single topic round to the subject of Tiannamen Square. As (I think he was called Lou) pointed out "It's like if I wrote something about spaghetti, Dennis would reply 'Ahhhh, SPAGHETTI, the food that was brought back by Marco Polo from CHINA the place ruled by YOUR BUDDIES WHO CARRIED OUT THE MASSACRE AT TIANNAMEN SQUARE!!!!'".

It always brings a smile to my face. It's like "Six Degrees of Carrol Supports Slobodan Milosevic". And the repetition just makes it funnier. You see the chunk of quoted text at the top of the post and you think "Jeezus, I wonder how he's going to work this one round to the topic of Slobodan Milosevic" .... and then one minute later, with perfect comic timing, there it is. Don't ever stop.

dd