release Milosevic!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 9 13:59:41 PDT 2002

Peter K. wrote:

>The world is becoming one economy, what with the Japanese producing
>and selling us key components
>for our imperial Tomahawk missiles, etc. The closing of the western
>ports were hurting the economy
>significantly, so maybe world trade *is* crucial to the economy, at
>least during these fragile
>times. Anyway, if it is becoming one economy, why not try to make it
>one - just and equitable of
>course - society? Isn't that what internationalism is all about?

So that should be two-way internationalism, no? How about letting in a French delegation to inspect our prisons? Swedes to inspect our chicken processing plants? Somalis to inspect our CBW facilities? Russians to observe the November elections? Just doesn't have the ring of possibility to it, does it?

Doug