Democratic Left_ list (UFT)

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Wed Oct 16 18:24:14 PDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Pollak" <mpollak at panix.com>

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Nathan Newman wrote:
> Hey and while you third party folks will grit your teeth, throwing a few
> endorsements to republicans is probably far more effective in making
> Dems work for the pro-labor vote than endorsing a Green.

-I read this the opposite way, Nathan: it's precisely because this is a -case where it doesn't bother me if the Republican wins, and he probably is -going to, that it's a perfect time to vote Green.

Oh sure-- I was talking about labor endorsement pragmatism, not individual voter action. Although I would vote for McCall on the Working Families Party line if I was voting in New York to help strengthen them and make sure they keep their party line.

-- Nathan