Strip Clubs

Anthony Kennerson maroondog244 at lycos.com
Tue Oct 22 11:43:53 PDT 2002

I'll take a crack at that question, Curtiss.

I don't know about strip clubs in other places, but here in the US, strippers are generally compensated mostly through their tips from the patrons. For most clubs, the strippers usually keep all of their tips, with the exception of a bit for tax purposes. They can also be compensated through performing both table dances and -- in the more elite clubs -- through lap dances. The better strippers can usually take in about $200-300 a night at the average clubs; if they also include lap dances, they can add an additional $200 if they are really popular.

(And NO, I havn't been to a strip bar, BTW; this is simply from researching various sites of strippers.)

There are at the moment NO communally owned strip clubs. However, there is one club -- "The Lusty Lady" in San Francisco, I believe, which has a fully certified union that represents the strippers financial and personal interests. It would be very much impossible given the transient nature of the stripping business and the volume of cash involved for traditional union organization to take place within the overall sex industry, but that doesn't mean that attempts haven't been made. I actually think that communally owned strip clubs would be a major improvement over the current affairs; but first there has to be a major decriminalization and legitimation of the industry.

Hopefully, that helps answer your question; maybe others closer to the action than me can add their nickel?

:-)

Anthony

--

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:55:30