Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Oct 23 08:18:08 PDT 2002

Steve:

"dennis, does that mean that anyone who opposed the US phony trial of Noriega was a supporter of Noriega and drug running in Panama?"

No, and I don't think you can compare Noriega to Milosevic. Not even close. But, if one signed a petition that touted Noriega's little regime as "patriotic" or some such tripe, then, yes, I suppose you'd be seen as pro-Noriega.

"BTW, do you buy the Hitchens etc. line that Chomsky was a Milo supporter or a Taliban supporter...?"

No. My beef with Chomsky had to do with his deplorable behavior after 9/11, when, suddenly, the murder of thousands didn't stir him to anger, only to dry and desperate topic shifting. Plus, I don't think Hitch ever said Chomsky was a "Taliban supporter," and if he did, that would be ridiculous.

"Finally, when I drove down to Memphis a few months back, Carrol and his wife let me crash at their house and treated me to a nice dinner and midwestern breakfast...was I unwittingly harbored by a Milo supporter? If so, will the anti-war movement be affected as a result? I'd hate to think that my behavior would ruin the anti-war movement...."

Well, yes you were. But you are free to choose your dinner mates. And I don't think you could "ruin" the "anti-war" movement any more than the lunatics organizing the demos already have. But, again, you are free to march under the banner of your choosing.

DP