Clarifications (Chip's misunderstanding)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 15:55:07 PDT 2002

--- Chip Berlet <cberlet at igc.org> wrote:

> Hey, I was a hippie in the Zippies (we put the Zip
> back in Yippie).
>
> Once rode a roller coaster on acid...twice...we
> couldn't stand up after the
> first trip.

Chip, I also have taken acid and still believe that a good acid trip has the potential of doing a lot of good. My comment was not intended to criticize hippies or drugs. However, anytime you mention the 60s or hippies around Lou Proyect, you inevitable have to hear that story about psilocybin, nudity and Charlie Parker on the flute. He will then tell you about trying to sell SWP newspapers to flower children and how they were all screwed up (in comparison to the SWP,and the 10 million parties that have split off of it, are, of course, a model, to be imitated).

Thomas

===== "A question is always the desire to know, and to preserve simple human truths, we need secrets. The secrets of happiness, death, love."