Sniper

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 25 07:32:46 PDT 2002

John Thornton wrote:

> I don't claim to be an expert on the Nation of Islam but I never got the
> impression they were anything like al Quada. I thought they did things like
> working with inmates to help them get degrees and working with inmates
> families in support groups. They have lots of negative baggage concerning
> their racist views but I don't know about their involvement in terrorists
> attacks. Could someone enlighten me?

My barber for the last fifteen years has been a minister in Farrakhan's wing of the NOI -- and while their politics are really pretty bad, only a racist idiot (or a true ignoramus) would associate them with the connotations of "gansta." The wing that follows the lead of the founder's son is pacific in both language and deed.

Carrol