Anti-Imperialism 101 Re: Hitchens quits Nation

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Sun Sep 29 13:50:54 PDT 2002

Justin wrote:

> Oh,s o Georgoe Porgie's Napolean nopw,a nd the US Army is the ARmy

> of the Republic, spreading Enlightenment hither and yon. We ha

> have another Hitchens in in the making, I fear. I mean, Nathan,

> this is totally laughable, or would be if it were not so sad.

now now Justin, give a fair account of Nathan's argument du jour which I think goes as follows:

what's really important lies between the rio grande and the great lakes and it's the democratic party and the afl-cio and anyway wogs start at ciudad juarez and besides which they are just waiting for the strategic air command to lay some democracy on them like in venezuela where it was bizarre that people here were complaining that the US was spending big bucks to overthrow chavez since the money came through the national endowment for democracy and the democratic party and the afl-cio so how could chavez be democratically elected? so that's no legitimate government and probably the venezuelans made a mistake voting anyway and all these difficulties come from being confused by nonsense notions like international law and imperialism when it's all so clear to nathan just which US bombings are good and which are not and which governments are legitimate and which governments are not legitimate and so it's all such a waste when nathan could decide since it's all so clear to him and after all he's never been wrong about anything ever and with a track record like that and if induction is what it's cracked up to be can't we just let nathan decide and in the meantime while we're waiting for everyone to come around to this obvious solution why can't we just be friends with the nice lefty prowar folks since after all they're in the democratic party and maybe even the afl-cio and are the most important friends and allies of real lefties like nathan since the bill that ends bankruptcy for working people they're pretending to support hasn't passed yet due to the efforts of the anti-abortionists ?

john mage

john mage