[lbo-talk] Atlantic Monthly Editor Killed in Iraq

H. Curtiss Leung hncl at panix.com
Fri Apr 4 09:37:39 PST 2003

Chuck:

Sure it's a war, but does Kelly's death represent a significant victory or even an advance? Given the surrounding media-industrial infrastructure, his words will live on, and he'll be anionted a saint among the right-wing scribbers, don't you think?

Judging from the few of writings I've read, he was a venemous, small-minded ideologue. The problem is he'll be bigger dead than alive. So mumble a few words about the horrors of war, and drag out and expose every lie and smear he wrote. Save the cheers for when the rest of his ilk--the Sullivans, Reynolds, O'Reillys, etc., are universally discredited, and only mentioned with a shudder and an apology.