[lbo-talk] Re: how's it feel?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Apr 17 05:53:05 PDT 2003

JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

> And not to give credence to polls, but 25% of the public still ain't buying
> it? After *that* propaganda blitzkrieg? If we didn't lack organization and
> focus, we'd be much more of a threat.

Yes. I really don't like the general attacks on "the people." They seem to me utterly pointless self-indulgences. The only two interesting facts from the anti-war movement is this one, one-quarter of the population is a potential constituency, a fantastically large number, and the huge expansion of the circle of relationships leftists have achieved. To summarize:

1. Far more people are with us than we would ever have guessed before.

2. We know far more of them personally than we did before.

What's to be cynical or depressed about? We did know that the u.s. ruling class were cirminals, did we not? We did know that on the whole "bourgeois democracy" favors the ruling class, did we not?

Why aall the whining? Some leftists seem to rediscover capitalism as often as the u.s. loses its innocence.

Carrol