[lbo-talk] a shred of hope

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Thu Apr 17 15:08:31 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marta Russell" <ap888 at lafn.org>
>I guess your above it all position Nathan makes you immune to the
>realities that do hit poor people in these simplistic political games.

Yeah, yeah-- you're the only one who cares. I'm disagreeing with your analysis, but that means I just don't care about poor and working class and disabled folks. (As I'm scambling to get a bank card for my homeless schizophrenic brother who Washington State's budget cuts mean isn't getting any help.)

I don't agree with all the budget cuts being made at state and local levels, but the reality is that the deficits are so drastic that without federal help, folks are going to get hurt. But yes, please trash the local Democrats, spend your time complaining about them. That's what Bush and folks at the federal level want, since that's the whole point of the "new federalism"-- divide people up, get the disabled folks to say that the cops should have their budgets cut and vise versa. And please keep telling everyone that it makes no difference whether Gore or Bush won, so they'll stay home and not vote in 2004.

-- Nathan Newman