[lbo-talk] GOP's Santorum says homosexuality a threat

LouPaulsen LouPaulsen at attbi.com
Fri Apr 25 06:16:19 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek Sokolowski" <sokol at jhu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 9:40 AM Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] GOP's Santorum says homosexuality a threat

> > This is a mystery?? "Our" government rules the planet. If
> > Poland ruled the
> > planet, Poles would be cheering.
> >

> In the 1970s the Russian governemnt to rule half of the planet, just
> finished invading Czechoslovakia, and scored one diplomatic vicory
> after another. But I did not see much evidence of cheerleading in
> Russia or elsewhere. Am I wrong, Chriss?
>
> Studies (cf. Dane Archer) suggest that US-ers tend to be more aggressive
> than folks in other developed countries.
>
> Wojtek

In the 1970's the USSR did not rule 10% of the population of the planet, and probably not more than 20% of its economy, even if you count all of the Warsaw Pact countries as being subject to Russian rule. I also don't remember any great "Russian diplomatic victories" in the 1970's although maybe they were reported that way in Poland... Anyway, that's entirely different from RULING THE PLANET. Really nobody since the Roman Empire has ruled the planet the way the US rules the planet today. You can imagine Schroeder and Chirac as little vassal kings kissing Bush's feet and bringing him elephants and spices.

LP