Dull, dull, dull (was Re: [lbo-talk] Ann Coulter's Living)

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Aug 4 15:06:24 PDT 2003

--- budge <budge at el-pleasant.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 at 1:30pm Brian Siano wrote:

Hell, the
> Parody
> above is on one of their own -- a neocon. And it's
> funny.
> Can you imagine the Nation doing that to, say,
> Michael
> Moore. Hell no!

But, wasn't it in The Nation where Michael Moore a few yrs. ago in a funny piece savaged "lifestyle leftists" to coin a phrase?

The one time I saw Lilly Tomlin live in the late 70's @ UCSB she brought down the house with a line about ordering something from an ad in Mother Jones that didn't please. Wish I could remember what it was.

Sex toy from Good Vibrations? In a interview I just saw w/ her in LA Frontlines, a huge gay magazine, near the end she was asked about current politics. She despired about Bush and the war and reflected that back in the 60's and 70's she thought that progressive change was going to be easier to build on, instread of see the backlash from Reagan era onwards. Though, as scenes in the new documentary on the Weather Underground, w/ Billy Graham and Nixon show, the rightist kulturkampf started w/ RMN.