[lbo-talk] Re: Dull, dull, dull (was ...)

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Mon Aug 4 22:26:24 PDT 2003

Brian Siano wrote:
> But I agree with Shane only so far. There's prudery
> and excessive moralization, but I don't think that's
> the complete answer.

You're probably right.

[voice drops an octave, slows, and an echo swells] And now, I'm going to venture even _further_ into the psychic secrets of the left. [lights dim, crystal ball fogs up, eyes widen] [que theremin]

Let's go back to Carrol's earlier claim that we're just speaking out of personal prejudices. So what? That's part of the point: crappy style is an excellent trigger for the prejudices of your audience, in no small part because you are *not* paying attention to them in the first place. It's like asking for more consideration for yourself than you're willing to give them.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!