[lbo-talk] Baghdad: 35 Murders A Day

BrownBingb at aol.com BrownBingb at aol.com
Sat Aug 30 07:02:09 PDT 2003

From: mike larkin

> Charles Brown wrote:
>
> >This seems to support the position of those of us
> who say it is the
> >U.S.'s presence , not its absence or departure,
> that makes "chaos" ( uh oh,
> >better call James Bond ) in Iraq.
>
> The U.S. destroyed a state that permeated every
> aspect of Iraqi life.
> It was hard for institutions to exist outside the
> Ba'athist
> structure. As Boris Kagarlitsky once said of the
> USSR, people related
> politically to the state and not to each other.
> Having destroyed that
> - what's left? Christian said that one of the few
> seriously left
> secular parties wants the US out, but the UN in. Why
> isn't that good
> enough for you? You know better?
>
> Doug

"U.S. Out, U.N. In." Nice bumper sticker

CB: Hey, good idea. Then the UN could inspect for WMD's , because WMD's could really cause chaos. Why didn't I think of that ?

Somebody call Bush. Oh , you say Bush is in on this chaos creating thing. How about Blair ? Is he in on creating chaos, too ? Call James Bond and license him to kill 35 more/ day.