[lbo-talk] Beaten Black Man's Death a Homicide (Cincinnati)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Dec 8 16:31:58 PST 2003

Michael Dawson -PSU wrote:

> Bunk. 21st-century racism is 95 percent a by-product of class structures
> built in the past four centuries. Change the employment and income
> situation, and our grandchildren will treat each other well. Fail to change
> them, and our grandkids will be repeating these hopeless tropes about
> role-models, etc.

A great improvement over Wojtek's utter ignorance of u.s. history --and his obscene suggestion that blacks have to prove they are humans to the whites, who are implicitly, in his argument, to be the judges of whether that proof is adequate. This is where I came in 38 years ago (and where others had come in several generations earlier). But your suggestion also is a bit juvenile. Who is to do this "changing"? Your mere suggestion that it should be changed runs counter to the thrust of your quotation from King.

Carrol