[lbo-talk] Gnomes and queries

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Tue Dec 16 15:07:23 PST 2003

At 02:12 PM 12/16/03 -0500, Charles Brown wrote:

>Snitgrrlllll,
>
>I was just going to write you offlist and tell you I independently derived
>"Marxit", but I didn't put a trade marx on it.
>
>Yea, you were saying a contest on who has a bigger hardon for Marx, as I
>recall.
>
>Chaz

Yes! that's it. Thanks for reminding me. The kid has some mysterious illness and I was a little fried from being up all night.

the Marxit (tm) thing comes from another list, where some of us knew Doug before he started LBO. Someone typoed Marxist on a thread claiming some people weren't _real_ Marxits (tm). Someone then wrote back with a play on the Dr. Pepper jingle: "I'm a Marxit, You're a Marxit, Wouldn't ya like to be a Marxit, too?" It was just one of those things that had everyone on the list in stitches.

Why "gnomes" though?

Snit