[lbo-talk] Old Left v WSF etc

Kenneth Campbell kkc at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 25 18:04:03 PST 2003

>Doug said:
>
>>The nonhierarchical pluralism is welcome in a
>>conference, but I'm not sure you can affect the
>>outside world much with such an appropach.

Agreed.

But sometimes we have to "attend to" ourselves.

Anything which helps people who give a shit reconcile their concern with their own incongruous lives and the incongruous lives of others on this side of the divide is okay by me.

Like marching or other forms of co-existence, just "being together" -- and some amazing things happen.

Todd the Freshly-Pressed Lumberjack wrote:

>I'd imagine one would find lots of petit bourgeois nonsense

Grin.

I find that everywhere. So, it's just like living, in that regard. Make the same allowances like walking down the street.

Ken.

-- If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with a different reality system.

-- William James