Bobby Seale to speak in SE Michigan, Feb 6

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Feb 3 15:13:55 PST 2003

JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

> I suspect Carrol was thinking of Elaine Brown. Alive and well and in
> Atlanta. So is Hilliard.
> Jamil Al-Amin was only briefly in the Panthers.

Yup. I'm convinced the part of my brain that retrieves proper names got smushed sometime in the last decade. A year ago I wanted to refer to Edmund Burke in a post I was writing -- and I had to get an 18th c. anth. off the shelf to retrieve the name! I wanted to refer to two or three other Panther leaders but couldn't (and can't) call up their names.

What is Elaine Brown doing now?

Carrol