Lerner (presumably) speaks out

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Feb 17 09:57:33 PST 2003

loupaulsen at attbi.com wrote:

> NO, Kelley, let's run through it again. WWP is marxist. IAC has non-marxists
> in it. ANSWER is a coalition of which IAC is a member, but it has other
> people on its board including, like, Pastors for Peace, the Nicaragua
> Solidarity Committee, and so on, and these are not marxist organizations, so
> far as I know most of their members aren't marxist, and ANSWER doesn't have a
> marxist line. It has an anti-war and anti-racist line.

But you've admitted that the IAC started ANSWER just days after 9/11. The WWP/IAC couldn't even wait two weeks until the big pow wow of peace groups that took place in DC. I attended this meeting, which was billed as the founding convention of a new national peace coalition.

Of course, in the IAC's usual sectarian and vanguardist fashion, it screwed that pooch by jumping the gun.

What a brilliant way to show the true colors of the IAC's "coalition-building."

ANSWER is just a front group for the WWP with a few friendly groups thrown in for "coalition" window dressing.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips