Nigeria oil union set for total strike

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Mon Feb 17 21:13:31 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/17/2003 9:04:23 PM Pacific Standard Time, JBrown72073 at cs.com writes:>

> Steven quotes:
> >Meanwhile at the pumps across the US looks like another guaranteed
> >minimum price hike of 20,30,40,50, or ____ cents. If that dog of an SUV
> >you drive needs filling it will be about $40.00/tank now, OUCH!, with
> >substantially higher prices before memorial day!
>
> Why are consumer prices on gasoline higher in Europe than the U.S.?
> Taxation?
>
> Jenny Brown

I was going to pop off and say Europeans pay the world market price of oil as gas prices; the US pays the cost in terms of the defense budget.

But upon mature consideration, I am trying to find the logic to get there and hoping someone else will beat me to the punch.

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030218/3373abac/attachment.htm>