Vanishing Marxism on LBO-talk

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Tue Feb 18 20:57:14 PST 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 at 11:42pm soil ride wrote:

> Comparing Marxism to religion?

you betcha.

> A classic example of one observing Marxism rather than Marx.

i, like most scientists, observe what is there to be observed...

> For it is the method of Marx that is Marxism...a guide to
> action in the real world. Not idealistic and or lofty
> notions that we have in our heads about the world-or even
> about Marx or Marxists [for that matter]

whatever. i noticed how you clipped the part of my post that indicated *i* think marx would puke listening to many of the self-identified marxists that ooze their pus around the place. if you can read carefully, you will notice i said nothing to criticize marx or marxian theory, my aim was at some so-called Marxists. you might have noticed my liberal use of quotation marks. (now i imagine i will be accused of being pomo...)

-- no Onan