Put an End to "Anti-Americanism" Re: Michael Hardt

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at arts.usyd.edu.au
Sun Feb 23 00:12:38 PST 2003

Quoting Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>:

> According to your argument (such as it is), pretty soon, we will have
> no term for any complex phenomenon, like capitalism. In any case, it
> explains nothing about Hardt's preference for the empty term
> "Anti-Americanism."

Exactly how is anti-americanism an empty term? Surely (like anti-intellectual) it involves using America as a blanket condemnation without needing to pose a relevant argument to explain what it means or how it might be at fault?

Catherine

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP at ArtsIT: http://admin.arts.usyd.edu.au/horde/imp/