URGENT: Need Information on Virtual Rally

Matthew Snyder matthew at pobox.com
Thu Feb 27 08:06:24 PST 2003

Peter K. quotes newsmax.com:
> On Sunday Garofalo told "Fox News Sunday" that she staunchly opposed
> Operation Desert Fox - Bill Clinton's impeachment-eve cruise missile
> attack on Baghdad. The only reason she and her Hollywood buddies
> weren't marching in the streets, Garofalo explained, was because "it
> wasn't hip."

Except that's not at all what she said. Here's the transcript:

SNOW: OK. All right, so we've now laid this down. You argue that we should not go to war because of unilateralism, correct?

GAROFALO: Yes and no. And I also argued the Clinton administration was big on unilateralism, and I think the Clinton administration's Iraq policy was despicable.

SNOW: Why didn't you protest it then?

GAROFALO: I absolutely did. I did not support Operation Desert Fox, it's just that you didn't know me very well back then. Nobody, really, was interested in listening to me back them.

-- Matthew Snyder Philadelphia, PA