Electoral Dilemmas Re: Color of Anarchism

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Jan 4 16:09:08 PST 2003

Lance wrote in the Color of Anarchism thread:
>I'm a white worker. If a black worker is introduced to me, and
>they're black, I have absolutely nothing in common with them.
>They're black, I'm white, we are different. If a black worker is
>introduced to me, and they're a worker, then we have a commonality
>of being workers together. Black workers have problems from being
>black and from being workers. If they want to fix the worker
>problems they can become anarcho-syndicalists. Maybe they are too
>busy dealing with black problems. So we can have a division of labor
>- while they're busy working on black problems, I can work on worker
>problems.

The implications of the above are that "black problems" are not "worker problems" and that "worker problems" can be tackled without blacks in a division of labor. ??? -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/>