Community Colleges

kelley jimmyjames at softhome.net
Mon Jan 20 06:54:05 PST 2003

I sat on a hiring committee. At one meeting where the others questioned whether *sniff* we should hire someone who'd actually *horrors* attended one. The person in question was being considered for a slot with a concentration in race. The candidates research was on socialization and racism. Excellent candidate. Good "pedigree" as they say. Except for that community college background. @@

Check out _The Diverted Dream_. Pretty good book, some of which deals with working class trugles _against_ community colleges.

Kelley

And there is abosolutely NO culture involved in relations of production. nope.