Mandatory fatherhood

kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Fri Jan 31 12:34:35 PST 2003

At 03:02 PM 1/31/03 -0500, Dennis Perrin wrote:

>I have had these conversations with feminists, whether or not they had an
>abortion. I don't disagree with anything you said above.

belied by pics of 16 wk undead thumb sucking little babies. (It's Jenny you were responding to, by the way, and she's one helluva a smart, witty, sassy, classy, interesting person who actually works as an activist in serious ways. Have the decency of reading her posts, looking up her name if you've forgotten. For penance, I suggest that you read her posts.)

also: try reading the argument found at links surrounding this post <http://squawk.ca/lbo-talk/9908/1512.html>

and do check out eric beck's and steve perry's posts and responses to them. quite enlightening.

and you'll see that

>Do what you must -- you've got plenty of back-up.

you would have more back up against the fingernail clipping crowd than you'd imagined. see dd's parody of your tactics to see why you find yourself *sob* all alone. i dare say, you act like this so you can shore up some pretty insulting stereotypes rather than actually discover that you have a bevvy of people actually willing to discuss this in some interesting, thoughtful ways.

>What's stopping you? You clearly can't read my posts without going off into
>some bizarro rant about things that I may or may not have said, suggested,
>or agree with.

i see. so you did, in fact, intend to insult me with the non-response. (as for attributing anything to you, my point was that if you intend to use rightnut tactics then you will find yourself being treated like one. stop whining about it. i am calling them rightnut tactics but they are really just plain old asshole tactics.)

i hope you read the thread i pointed you to, especially what i wrote about. and i hope you have enough capacity for self-reflection to be thoroughly ashamed of yourself: enough to see that, what i'm complaining about in your posts is that you insult me and women and men like me with your rhetoric and you might want to stop doing that if, in fact, you really respect us, not just as individuals but as fellow-travelers and comrodistas!

please don't tell me it's your nature: i've spoken with you at length outside this list and outside the desert of the cyberreal. it's not the way you are.

you can be as raunchy as ya wanna be, but if you insist on using tactics that suggest it's not about good dirty fun--and more importantly, honest and heated and even entertaining and interesting discussion--then i want no part of your revolution!

kelley

i still miss my ex. but my aim IS improving.

yes, it's over and out. apologies.