[lbo-talk] reality show of the techie unemployed.

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Jul 2 12:05:19 PDT 2003

Guilherme wrote:

> from dave farber's IP list.
>
> -gr
>
> Subject: The interesting times in which we live

There is something about this idea that make me feel better about being out of work for more than two years and facing the prospect of being evicted by the end of the month. As I told my roommate last night, one of the solaces I find is that there are many people out there who are in the same boat.

At the same time, I've been one of those activist techies who was working a nonprofit job before the dot-com crash, so I had already given up a lot before becoming unemployed. Despite this, I've kept up Infoshop.org and helped start up Mutualaid.org, which now hosts over a hundred email lists and a hundred websites.

My work on Infoshop.org, Alternative Press Review, Mutualaid.org, the Brian MacKenzie Infoshop and other stuff is my "reality activist tech show."

If people want to support my work, you are welcome to send a donation to: Alternative Media Project, PO Box 3123, Arlington, VA 22203.

Still waiting for that trickle-down tax cut...

Chuck0