[lbo-talk] 'Bring them on'

N P Childs npchilds at connect.ab.ca
Wed Jul 2 20:35:14 PDT 2003

"There are some who feel like that conditions are such that they can attack us there," Bush told reporters at the White House. "My answer is bring them on. We have the force necessary to deal with the situation."

<<http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=3027229>http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=3027229>

Keee-riste. It's hard to tell where to start; the Commander in Chief sounding like a drunk 19 year old in a downtown bar, or soldiers in Iraq, 10,000 miles from home, in a country they don't understand that is getting less enamored of their presence as each day passes looking at this and going 'Oh good, now he's inviting them to attack'.

BTW, anyone know how this would translate into Arabic? I have to believe that an expression like this so bound N American in idiom would translate into something more, er, prosaic in Arabic like 'Deliver them unto me' or something like that.

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030702/ca2144ab/attachment.htm>