[lbo-talk] July 4 Demo in Dayton--Major Changes

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jul 3 15:11:13 PDT 2003

Here's an update from Dayton organizers of the July 4 protest against Bush -- note the time & location changes made by the organizers:

***** Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 17:48:24 +0000 From: Barbara Roberts <afscbarb at aol.com> Subject: [September11Coalition] July 4 Demo--Major Change To: September11Coalition at yahoogroups.com

This is to notify everyone that the time and location has changed for the July 4 demonstration. Please pass the information along to everyone you know and please note the change in time and location.

When: JULY 4 -- 9:00 am (please note the change in time) Place: Springfield St. directly across from the gates to the [US Air Force] museum. (Gate 1B is presently under construction and our entrance to the area we will be is across the street from 1B.)

Please note: The time change is needed because traffic will be a mess and people coming to the event are expected to be there BY 9:00 am. I'm urging people to arrive by 9:00; if you are coming from out of town, traffic will still be open to you to come to the protest.

Because of security, we will not be allowed to cross the street. Please bring signs, banners, chants.

Also note: there are NO bathrooms or portable toilets in the area.

I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Barbara Roberts AFSC 278-4225 *****

The U.S. Air Force Museum (a map and directions): <http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/usafm.htm> -- Yoshie

* Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>