[lbo-talk] Food Fight!

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Fri Jun 6 18:03:36 PDT 2003

Justin wrote:

> He expressly said in the Nation fairly recently that if it came to a conflict between the interests > of Israel and that of the US, he'd put Israel first.

This is what Alterman wrote:

"...we ought to be honest enough to at least imagine a hypothetical clash between American and Israeli interests. Here, I feel pretty lonely admitting that, every once in a while, I'm going to go with what's best for Israel."

That's equivocal enough to allow for a number of interpretations, and the most charitable (i.e. sometimes we ought to subordinate the interests of our own community to the interests of another) is entirely unobjectionable.

-- Luke -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030606/d711cf73/attachment.htm>