Hollow ring to Sir Echo

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Sat Mar 15 05:44:25 PST 2003

At 3:33 PM +1100 15/3/03, Catherine Driscoll wrote:

>I've been particularly impressed by the anti-French rhetoric. God, how
>embarrassing that even Howard's prejudiced idiocy has to copied from Bush. The
>French have always been "jealous" of America? You know, funny, O'Reilly said
>the same thing almost exactly the same day. I think they're buying their papers
>from the same source. I was waiting for Howard to trot out the "French would
>have been speaking German without America" line, but if he has I've missed it.
>O'Reilly didn't forget to include it though. Perhaps Howard only warrants the
>edited script.

Johnnie is clearly in way over his head. I missed the speech myself, I'm not sad to say. Think I was with a bunch of other drunks singing The Wild Colonial Boy on the back balcony of a Melbourne restaurant that night. Until one of the staff popped his head around the corner and reminded us it was "a residential area y'know". That made our day. ;-)

The thing is, where the hell are these pollsters finding the people who supposedly support this war? I've yet to meet anyone who admits to such a position. More and more Australians are openly contemptuous. Way over his head.

So what was the "openly anti-French rhetoric" anyhow. He's really clutching at straws if he thinks that might get a guernsey.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas