Richard Perle resigns

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Fri Mar 28 12:36:21 PST 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:52:28 -0800, Bradford DeLong wrote:

>> Michael
>
> But these are. The V Corps Commander telling Washington
> Post reporters that this is not the war we planned to
> fight, and pulling 3 Infantry back into defensive
> positions (and 7 Cavalry out of the front line entirely.
> _National Journal_ reporters detailing how Rumsfeld cut
> the invasion force in half only four months ago, and
> messed up not just combat power but logistics entirely as
> a result. Everyone asking why the reserves--1 Cavalry and
> 1 Armor--are still at Ft. Hood and Weisbaden rather than
> in Kuwait (where reserves belong).

not to mention the 4th infantry, currently on its way.

> A mass airstrike by
> retired generals. Guerrilla attacks by CIA analysts.
>
> It's clear that the mood among the U.S. military planning
> establishment is that Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz are bad
> people who have to be gotten, and gotten now...

i think brad may be right about this. it will be interesting to watch how it develops, and i agree entirely that perle's departure is more related to this than to the global crossing business, which is sure to have been completely ignored if we were ensconced on the outskirts of baghdad, right now.