[lbo-talk] Soft Drink of the Real

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat May 10 08:44:38 PDT 2003

> Powerade *is* an official partner of Warner's marketing, along with
Cadillac
> and, I believe, Samsung. But the Wachowskis had a hand/pseudopod/tentacle
in
> almost all the spinoffs, including the videogames and anime releases. A
global
> roadshow for the global village.
>
> -- DRR

There's no way that a film that did what the first "Matrix" did is gonna escape the above fate, esp when it's tied to a mega-corp like Warner's. Capitalist reality selling the depiction of a machine-run slave-state simulation and making big money from it's destruction (assuming the thing existed to begin with). Impressive.

Apart from all that, did you enjoy the film?

DP