[lbo-talk] Green Party 2004

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Thu May 29 13:36:03 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek Sokolowski" <sokol at jhu.edu>

> I find it, howver, scary when self-righteous, ignorant masses disregard
> experts and elect their political representatives through idiotic
> popularity contests. You certainly would want the doctor who operates
> on you or the pilot in the cockpit of your plane to be appointed to ther
> positions by testing of their expertise rather than elected by a
> popularity contest. Why is it, then, that we should elect dumb-shit
> politicians to run one the most sophisticated system ever created - the
> modern state?
>
> Wojtek

So we can ignore them and get on with our lives of course. I think we should let go of the idea that politicians are stupid and simply embrace the notion that they are indifferent/malevolent to those individuals/classes who are not demanding that what the politicians do directly benefit them. This clearly is one of the reasons the rich keep them on a tight leash.

Ian