[lbo-talk] Superexploitation (Was HOW THE ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT IS BLOWING IT:)

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 18:48:50 PST 2003

Michael Dawson wrote:

what the hell is a "transaction cost,"

and later...

"Transaction costs" -- a poem:

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.

andie nachgeborenen replied:

Transaction cost analysis is an extremely important idea in economics, roughly since Coase's The Theory of The Firm, in late 30s.

<snip>

...this is not a notion to ignore, although it is complex and less than clear.

*******

I have learned, in the age of Google, an important lesson: many obscure things are available for research, in the twinkling of an eye, via a well tempered search.

For example, on the subject of transaction costs, about which, prior to this thread I knew less than zero, I was able to find this interesting site:

http://www.ssu.missouri.edu/faculty/HJames/tce-bib.htm

Although, as I said, I knew nothing about transaction cost theory I believed, using the context of his words as guide, that Wojtek wasn't merely tossing the term about frivolously.

Now I end this Monday with a few more neural pathways than I possessed at day's start.

DRM