[lbo-talk] The machine hive mind of the right

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Mon Nov 10 13:14:50 PST 2003

I think the most interesting innovation was the release schedule: a worldwide, simultaneous release. I understand the gross receipts for the first few days of a film's release are extremely important, and if studios know they have a stinker on their hands, they look to maximize initial box office before word of mouth and reviews kill interest.

Yes, I saw it. Yes, I was extremely disappointed. Then I went to see _The Seven Samurai_. If you need to see a grand battle in the rain, you might as well go with that one. And you know that Kikuchiyo isn't going to broker some lame deal with the bandits.

Curtiss